Mother, child injured in fire

MARCOS, Ilocos Norte, July 23, 2020–Fire Officer 2 John Domingo reported that a mother and her one-year-old baby suffered a second-degree burn during an accidental fire at Brgy. Lydia, this town.

He said the mother, 25, cuddling her baby, was cooking rice in a clay stove outside the house when a bottle of gasoline, apparently misplaced one meter away, exploded and caught fire injuring the victims.

Both victims were rushed to the Dona Josefa District Hospital here and later transferred to the MMMHospital in Batac City for further treatment of their injuries. (tri-media report)