Live wire nearly kills carpenter

LAOAG CITY, May 20– A carpenter was nearly electrocuted while he and fellow laborers were constructing a house in Brgy. Balatong, this city.

Police said Reynaldo Suguitan, 48, was installing a hose for insulator on the second floor when he accidentally touched a live wire of the Ilocos Norte Electric Cooperative.

The victim suffered burn injuries in the left armpit and groins.

Doctors at the hospital emergency room were exerting all efforts to save his one leg from amputation. (tri-media report)