PAOAY, Ilocos Norte, April 3–Sinforoso Macoco, nearly aged 90, repeatedly told reporters that an ember that fell from his dirty kitchen probably ignited the fire that gutted his house at Brgy. Oaig, this town. Macoco, who lives alone at the house, saved no valuables from the blaze. He thanked God he managed to escape unhurt despite of his poor vision. At the same town, firemen reported a grassfire that occurred earlier believed to have been caused by live cigarette butt flicked by an irresponsible smoker. A mango plantation and several other trees were destroyed. (Theo S. Guiang)