Welder nearly electrocuted

DINGRAS, Ilocos Norte, Sept. 4, 2019–Rolando Tolentino, 39, single, of Brgy. Binacag, Banna, Ilocos Norte, was injured and hospitalized after he was nearly electrocuted at Brgy. Cali, this town.

Investigators said the victim, a welder, was working in a house construction when the steel bar he was holding accidentally touched a live wire of the Ilocos Norte Electric Cooperative.

The victim fell as his hand and abdomen suffered burn injuries.

He was rushed to the rural health unit, then transferred him to the Dingras District Hospital and later to the provincial hospital in Laoag City. (tri-media report)