Teen girl, trike driver nearly electrocuted

A young girl was discharged from the hospital after she was treated for injury burn from alleged near electrocution in their house at Brgy. 3, Laoag City, a report said on May 19.

Rosemarie Cabi said her daughter was sent home after doctors declared her teenage girl as “out of danger” and in stable condition.

She quoted the attending physician as saying that her daughter was very lucky as the electric current burst in her hand and not in her heart.

Investigation showed that the girl went to the roof portion of their house at night time to get her slippers when she accidentally touched a live wire connection of the Ilocos Norte Electric Cooperative.

The victim managed to call for help from her father before she fell unconscious due to the electric shock wave.

Meanwhile, tricycle driver Reynaldo Agcaoili of Brgy. Buttong, Laoag City also met a similar near electrocution last week when a steel pipe he was holding accidentally dangled into a high tension wire of INEC.

He was fixing an electric water pump in their house when the accident occurred.

He is now recuperating at the MMMHospital in Batac City where he was treated for burn injuries. (tri-media report)