SAN NICOLAS, Ilocos Norte, June 18, 2020–This INEC tragic case halted for some months due to the COVID lockdown, now new moves cropped up lately.
P/Staff Sergeant Jhan Lay Apostol, the investigator of the police station in this town, reported that three employees of the Ilocos Norte Electric Cooperative were tagged as respondents in a criminal complaint filed before the provincial prosecutor’s office in connection with the death of two linemen who were accidentally electrocuted while on repair duty here in July last year.
SSgt. Apostol said the complaint was filed on Oct. 7, 2019, and a subpoena was received by one of the respondents on Oct. 23.
The respondent was given 10 days to submit his counter-affidavit which he apparently failed to do so, the investigator said.
He said they are still waiting for the prosecutor’s evaluation of the case whether there is a probable cause.
Meanwhile, INEC board president Enrico “Cocoy” Ruiz said they would extend legal assistance to their colleague respondents through a lawyer who would defend the respondents in their case. (tri-media report)