Electric bolt kills carpenter

DINGRAS, Ilocos Norte, Aug. 17– High-voltage wire is a common villain to carpenters.

Many of their comrades had met an untimely demise due to accidental electrocution.

The latest victim was a certain Melvin Llanes y Manuel, 43, of Brgy. Barong, of this town, police said.

Melvin was fixing a ceiling portion of a house under construction when he allegedly touched a suspected electric live wire.

His fellow laborers quickly shut off the main switch but the victim had fallen to the ground.

He was rushed to the Dingras district hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival.

Marinel, 47, his live-in partner, said however that Melvin was hypertensive and had a regular maintenance dose. (tri-media report)