Overheated oven toaster causes Laoag fire–BFP

LAOAG CITY, Sept. 21, 2021–BFP investigators said an overheated oven toaster probably sparked the fire that burned a residential house at Brgy, 23, this city.

F/Senior Inspector Ronald Castillo, city marshal of the Bureau of Fire Protection, reported that a house occupant allegedly left unattended an overheated oven toaster which probably triggered the blaze.

He said the house was already engulfed with flame when they arrived at the scene after they got the emergency call at 3:48 a.m.

Responding firefighters from Laoag, Sarrat, and San Nicolas jointly contained the blaze and declared fire out after 35 minutes.

SI Castillo said they rescued an elderly woman who was trapped wailing for help inside her room.

The cost of damages in the incident was initially placed at P1 million. (tri-media report)