LAOAG CITY (March 1) – At least 100 young athletes housed at the Marcos Stadium training ground here, including some medical personnel, were sickened by alleged food poisoning after experiencing ‘simple diarrhea’. Those with severe condition were treated as out-patients at the GRASMHospital here.
A broadcast report said the victims complained of stomach pains and loose bowel movement hours after eating their supper.
They suspected the beef and monggo (beans) they ate in their meal as bacteria contaminated.
Sports officials had advised the private food caterer of the athletes to be more cautious in food handling to avoid same incident.