Vice President Jejomar C. Binay today asked fugitive developer Delfin Lee to surrender and face the syndicated estafa case filed against him by the national government.
At the same time, the Vice President directed the Philippine National Police (PNP) to intensify its manhunt for Lee and his co-accused.
“I appeal to the Philippine National Police to intensify efforts to locate and apprehend Mr. Lee. I also ask Mr. Lee to surrender and face the courts,” Binay said.
“The victims have long-waited for the resolution of the case. We hope justice will be achieved soon,” he added.
Malacañang had earlier offered a reward of P2 million for the capture of Lee and his co-accused.
The Vice President issued this statement after the Supreme Court (SC) decided to junk the petition filed by Lee which seeks to stop the Department of Justice (DOJ) from prosecuting him in connection with the syndicated estafa charges filed against him and other executives of Globe Asiatique Realty and Holdings Corp (GA).
“I welcome the ruling of the Supreme Court that upheld the decision of the Court of Appeals, allowing the Department of Justice to prosecute Mr. Lee and his cohorts for syndicated estafa. This is a significant step towards achieving victory for the ordinary workers defrauded by Globe Asiatique,” Binay said.
On May 22, Judge Maria Amifaith Fider-Reyes of the Pampanga RTC found probable cause against Lee and his co-accused and issued warrants for their arrest with no recommendation for bail.