SAN NICOLAS, Ilocos Norte (July 26) – Three police officers here, who were accused of alleged police brutality which they vehemently denied and instead tagged it as “fabricated”, were disarmed and temporarily given minor duties pending the probe of their case, police officials said.
C/Insp. Ryan Retotar, town’s police chief, said the trio cops will remain under his command but they will serve as drivers of the police mobile cars pending investigation of the charges against them filed by an 18-year-old complainant.
At press time, so far no relief order was issued against the trio by the Ilocos Norte police provincial office at Camp Juan in Laoag City.
The complainant spoke to the media earlier and alleged that while under police custody after his arrest for an apparent offense, the trio ordered him to strip and beat him.
He later found himself abandoned in a forested area, he further alleged, adding that he walked naked to find his way out until he sought refuge in an isolated house where its generous occupants gave him clothes.
Chief Inspector Retotar said the three will face the administrative case before the town’s People’s Law Enforcement Board. The PLEB will hear the side of both parties for the sake of due process. Aside from it, they may also face separate criminal charges, he added. (Tri-Media report)