LAOAG CITY, May 27–Carmen Ignacio, 61, widow of Brgy. Navotas, this city was allegedly killed in a freak accident that occurred in her house, relatives reported.

A neighbor who witnessed the incident said the victim picked two soft drink glass bottles from a case to refrigerate them. She held one bottle in her right hand and put the other one in her armpit.

Later, the bottle in her armpit got loose and dropped into the floor as she opened the refrigerator. Due to the impact, the bottle exploded.

Unluckily, a sharp shard of the broken bottle flew hitting her neck, the witness said.

Rescuers rushed the victim to the hospital but doctors pronounced her dead on arrival. (tsg with dd, ga reports)