LAOAG CITY, Dec.16–Tragedy occurred in front of the City Hall here when two Grade 5 pupils of the Sta. Maria Elementary School here were electrocuted last night, police said.

The victims, both 10 years old and resident of sitio Maharlika, Brgy. Uno here, were found lying motionless inside a tiny makeshift nut decorated with Christmas lights.
A Civil Security Unit agent on duty at the City Hall said he earlier saw the two boys playing near the hut. The boys probably touched a live wire while playing hide and seek.

The victims were rushed to the hospital where doctors tried to revive them but failed.
Report said although it was an accident, City Mayor Chevylle Farinas quickly ordered a thorough investigation to probe deeper into the incident.

She condoled with the victims’ bereaved families adding that the city government would extend financial assistance to them through the DSWD.(tsg)