Schoolgirl electrocuted

LAOAG CITY, Dec. 2–Stephanie Chico, 13, Grade 7 of Ilocos Norte College of Arts and Trade here, was accidentally electrocuted inside their house at Brgy. Nalbo, this city, police said.

Her cousin said the victim as usual took a morning bath on Monday before going to the school. She immediately plugged in an electrical flat iron to fix her school uniform.

Unfortunately, her wet hand plus barefooted may have contributed to the accident, investigators said.

Relatives rushed her to the nearby Laoag City General Hospital. Doctors tried to revive her but failed.

Her parents were not around during the incident. Her father, a military soldier was assigned in Narvacan, Ilocos Sur while her mother, a policewoman, went on schooling.(tsg/bbr)