BACARRA, Ilocos Norte, June 2—Flora Sales, 95, bedridden, perished when an accidental fire razed her house in Brgy. 4 this town yesterday afternoon, relatives reported.
Melencio Sales, a nephew, said Lola Flora was fond of smoking native tobacco in her bed which they discouraged her repeatedly from doing it. Maybe she lighted a cigar and accidentally dropped the ignited match stick in her bed that apparently sparked the flame, he explained.
The victim was alone in the house during the blaze. Her two children who lived with her were not around when the tragic incident happened, report said.(tsg w/ ga report)