Girl, 5, swallows P1 coin

SAN JUAN, Ilocos Sur, Dec. 29– A 5-year-old girl accidentally swallowed a P1 coin while playing with her sister in their residence at Brgy. Nagsupotan, this town yesterday afternoon.

Relatives said they rushed the girl to the hospital where doctors declared her medical condition as stable as of 4:30 p.m.

The attending lady physician told reporters that the girl could breathe and talk normally. However, she said there would be a problem if the coin had caused internal damage.

She said that the patient, who is still under observation, may excrete the coin in a few days.(w/ report from b.r.)