Fire razes Racela ancestral home

SARRAT, Ilocos Norte, April 11– An accidental fire, allegedly caused by a faulty electrical device, razed the ancestral home of the Racela family located at the town proper here early dawn, fire authorities said.

Ironically, three Racela balikbayans from US were among the occupants of the house. They were taking a coffee in the dining room when the fire broke out.

All family memorabilia, antique furniture, important documents and other valuables were burned except for a few personal belongings. Also, a car parked in the garage was spared when fire fighters arrived on time and pulled out the vehicle away from the burning house, report said.

The flame spread so fast as the house was made of old wooden materials. No casualty or injury was reported. Damage cost was not yet determined.(tsg/ad)