Six employees hospitalized for eating ringed mushroom

SAN NICOLAS, Ilocos Norte, July 3– Sherwin Pascua of Brgy. 10, this town disclosed that he and his five co-workers of a private company here were hospitalized for alleged food poisoning after eating a mushroom dish.

He told reporters that they were rushed to the Laoag City General Hospital when they all experienced severe vomiting and dizziness shortly after eating the mushroom for their meal.

Earlier, the group went to a nearby bamboo grove supposed to gather bamboo shoots but instead, they stumbled on the myriad of wildly grown mushroom with a ring-like stem.

They cooked their moss find into adobong mushroom and partook it as part of their viand.

Suddenly, all felt sick and vomiting.

All were later declared outpatients when they regained normal strength. (tri-media report)