BATAC, Ilocos Norte (September 10) – A freak accident thru electrocution snuffed the precious lives of Josephine Rocutan and her young daughter Jenalyn in Brgy. Camandingan here. Josephine’s son Rommel survived with injury burn.
Investigation showed Josie, coddling her toddler, was hanging their laundry when the clothes line wire accidentally touched a high-voltage electric outlet.
Relatives rushed the duo to the hospital in critical condition but both were declared dead on arrival. “Lack of transportation and muddy road contributed to the untimely death of my two loved ones, ” Josie’s husband narrated his ordeal in bringing his dying wife and baby to the hospital aboard a tricycle. He described Camandigan road as “muddy and slippery as it was raining.”