News Story
Ilocos Norte to hire more than 500 tourist aides

Written by Cherry Joy S. Discaya-Garma posted in Ilocos Sentinel on Monday, April 8th, 2013

5.00 avg. rating (97% score) - 1 vote

LAOAG CITY, April 8 (PIA) — The provincial government is looking to hire more than 500 workers who will be deployed to various tourist assistance centers across the province. 

The Provincial Tourism Office, in charge of the hiring process, said 512 slots are waiting to be filled up this summer.

Keesha Buted, of the PTO, said additional manpower was needed to address the needs of tourists who has started arriving during the Holy Week.

“The hiring (of additional personnel) will address the increasing volume of tourist arrivals in the province,” she said.

Buted said the workers will serve as tourist aides, utility personnel and paramedics or nursing aides.

The provincial government had already deployed PTO workers as tourist guides and traffic assistants in various tourism spots like in Kapurpurawan in Burgos and Windmills in Bangui town.

“We extended our target employment so that the province would be able to provide more jobs to Ilocanos. More workers, means more efficient services,” Buted added.

The PTO has an existing 258 workers who were hired to man the different tourist centers in the province beginning March 22.

The workers will get a daily compensation of P125 for every 5 hours. Their contracts will end on May 22.

The two-month employment program is a partnership between the provincial government’s ‘Task Force Trabaho’ (TFT) and the Department of Labor and Employment’s (DOLE) Special program for the Employment of Students (SPES).

In an agreement, the TFT will shoulder 60 percent of the workers’ wage and the remaining 40 percent comes from DOLE.

  • Troy

    pa-apply nga diyan….

Monthly News Archives

Editorial & Business Office

No. 39, 1900 St., Brgy. 25, Laoag City
Office: (077) 670-7178 CP # 0919-381-6795
0919-434-0759 and 0917-588-6043
E-Mail : ilocos_sentinel@yahoo.com

EXCELLENCY D. GUIANG
Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
NANNETTE D. GUIANG
Financial Manager
THEO S. GUIANG
Associate Publisher
Business Manager
ALEX R. GUIANG
NORMA G. GONZALES

Financial Advisers, USA
JUN RAMOS GUIANG
Editorial Consultant
Columnist
EDWIN B. DADIZ
ABI B. GUIANG

Circulation Officers
ED2R D. GUIANG
Media Relations Specialist
CITADEL S. SOR
Staff Aide
LEGAL CONSULTANTS
ATTY. BERNIE FRANCIS CONSTANTINO
ATTY. ERIC CUA