BACARRA, Ilocos Norte, Dec. 22– An electronic mosquito bat allegedly sparked bundles of firecrackers causing strong explosion and flame inside a house of a businessman at Brgy. San Pedro, this town last night.
Noli Galang, a merchant of firecrackers for the past 25 years, said that the blast slightly injured his forehead, back and some parts of the body. It also ripped his house ceiling, broke window jalousies and destroyed home appliances.
He said he intended to sell the newly-arrived firecrackers this Christmas.
‘I surmise some big mosquitoes burned by the anti-mosquito bat while being used by my kid landed into the bundles of firecrackers which triggered the explosion,” Galang told reporters.
Responding firemen contained the flame that partially gutted the house. Damage cost was undetermined. (tsg w/ ry-lb report)