GALIMUYOD, Ilocos Sur, Dec. 12– At least 25 people were believed victims of food poisoning after they ate dog meat Wednesday in Brgy. Daldagan, this upland town, rural health workers reported.
Thirteen of the victims were hospitalized in Candon City while the others including three minors were treated at the RHU clinic. The victims are relatives and neighbors.
Dr. Mario Santos, RHU chief, said the dog meat was probably contaminated with bacteria, not rabies.
The owner said they slaughtered their fat tall dog when it lost appetite to eat for two weeks. Some of the neighbors-victims partook with the meat for finger food.(tsg/zp-jg)