PIDDIG, Ilocos Norte, Feb. 19–Five people who attended a private lunch here yesterday were believed victims of alleged food poisoning after they ate a locally preserved meat of shellfish called ‘birabid’.
All victims were taken to the GRASMHospital in Laoag City when they experienced severe dizziness, vomiting, chilling and body weakness.
Investigation showed that the bottled ‘birabid’ was bought from a vendor at public market here.
The vendor claimed, however, that it was sold to her by another vendor from nearby Solsona town.(tsg/dd)